Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ribbons and Lights

Since my last post, things have shifted a little. No marshmallows. After several readers made it known- marshmallows are a fun idea, but not a practical idea. So, I came up with a better one. But- it's a surprise for the Groom so it'll have to remain a secret! Sorry guys! :)
Anyway... Today I'm brainstorming my ceremony/church decorations. After discussing my theme, I've come to find that it's DIY, shabby chic, garden, romantic, whimsical... *phew*. But going with the "Shabby Chic" aspect, I want to incorporate shreds and pieces of material and ribbons in the colors we're using. That way it ties everything in together :)
See??? Now, not THOSE colors and not used in THAT way. But kinda the same. Using material and ribbons as main decorations. In bows, streamers, and maybe even weaving it threw stuff. I feel like the essence of shabby chic is making something romantic and beautiful out of what most people would consider scraps or left overs. So what's more awesome and shabby chic than scraps of material that has romantic, soft prints on it?? My thoughts exactly.

Moving right along. I'm utterly obsessed with twinkle lights. When I had my summer dinner party, the main decoration was lights. Lights, lights, lights. I love them!! It makes everything so.. WHIMSICAL! :) Look at that.. 2 themes in one post! Whoop whoop! At the church we're getting married at- it's got amazing architecture inside. The ceiling has all kinds of angles, beams, and these like... light boxes or something on the sides. It's really beautiful. And Groom loves it :) yay! So with that said, I'm REALLY hoping that we're able to do my idea in the sanctuary because I have a feeling it'd be BEAUTIFUL. Ok ok, so this is KINDA my idea....
Not the venue or decor obviously. Just the lights, how they drape across the ceiling. It makes it look like stars or something :) I love it! Getting all those lights on the ceiling of the church would be tricky. Really tricky. But if David Tutera can make a swap themed wedding look good, I think I can hang a few christmas lights. We'll see. For all I know, it won't work out and I'll think of something better. Either way, I WILL have my twinkle lights. :D

Ya know, I love party planning. It's a high. Finding a theme, decorations, making a menu, having favors and a good time is like the best thing ever. So when it came time to plan a wedding, I think it was going to be a BREEZE. False. It's stressful. Especially when it's not just MY party. Just when I think I have the perfect game plan, I forget that I have someone else to consider :( It'll all be beautiful though. Compromise with the glue in a marriage, right? :)

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the twinkle lights! And the theme ;) LOL (you forgot affair!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't know about including the word "affair" in a wedding theme. lol

    ReplyDelete