Monday, January 31, 2011

Yummy yummy cuppy cakes!

I'm more of a pie person. But don't get me wrong... I'll eat me some cake. I still do love cake. Well, GOOD cake. Thankfully Groom and I have the same taste buds and we already have that figured out. WOO! Less stress that way :) And I'm all about less stress. The only thing that was a little road bump was the decision between a traditional cake and cupcakes. I'm all for cupcakes. They're cute, they're fun, and they're the perfect portion! Groom is traditional. blah. But- it didn't take much to compromise :) We'll have a small cake on the top for just us and everyone else gets cupcakes. So now it's settled! Cupcakes AND cake :)
Thank the Lord for my Aunt. She has a history of baking and baking WELL. Her awesome-ness doesn't stop there. She's already OFFERED to bake our cuppycakes!! We'd pretty much just pay for the ingredients. HOW AMAZING!! That may just make her my favorite Aunt :) hehe. I sure hope she's reading this. So anyway, our cupcakes. I really feel like simpler is better. The taste should speak for itself. You don't need anything fancy or elaborate. Just Simple.
See? Simple. And EXACTLY what I want. Oh, did I mention the flavor is lemon? Yes. Lemon. Yum. See how the frosting is just swirled and has sprinkles? Yes, exactly what I want. And since not EVERYONE likes lemon, we will be going with the traditional yet still so yummy white cupcake :) They would both consists of the same colors, just alternating. how fun? :)
Our top tier, something hopefully a little more fancy :)
But just one tier. And a yellow cake with white lace. Isn't it cute?? simple, classic. Yet still gorgeous. At least in my eyes it is :)
Now to find a cake stopper that doesn't make me nauseous.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I love the cupcake/cake idea. But then, you already knew that :)


    You gotta do something about this text, though. It's much better bolded, but I think you should put a solid box behind the text or something... I have old eyes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I agree Tiff, were getting old I guess. I love the cupcake and cake idea! and I LOVE lemon so I sure hope I'm invited! :) This is going to be one awesome wedding at the rate your going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now it's ugly.
    I don't like it... at all.
    BARF. like, seriously- ew.
    Mother is older than you and she could read it just fine.

    ReplyDelete