Tuesday, January 25, 2011

To throw or to shake?

I don't want a normal wedding!! You know what I'm talking about.. decorating the church a certain way because those are the decorations available, picking the same bridesmaid dress that EVERYONE picks, and using square mirrors with a candle on top of it as a center piece. While that's all good and everything for most people, I like being unusual. I want people to leave thinking, "wow! I never would have expected that!" It's the little details that you never think people will notice, that make your wedding... YOURS!

I've never been a huge fan of things being thrown at me. How is that fun? Yay! You're married! Now lets chuck bird seeds in you and cause deafness!! No, not fun. So this is my DIY fix for that.. :D
Ribbon Wands!!! Both safe and fun! We don't have to worry about losing our hearing (it's happened...) and it would look really awesome in pictures. Plus... cheap. You can get those really long craft wooden rods for $.50 at any store... seriously. And ribbon... shoot, the dollar store. So, would I rather spend money on a few bags of bird seed, tulle, and ribbon to make the mundane pouches of wedding-fetti that I hate, or make something unique and unconventional to make it fun, festive, and memorable? I choose ribbon wands :)
I did compromise with my traditional groom though. We WILL have things tossed. and I emphasized... TOSSED.
Yup. Mini-marshmallows. It's fun, colorful, youthful, and soft... oh, and big enough to not fit in my ear. :)
Plus- at what wedding have you been to that you tossed marshmallows? we all know it's know!

Hopefully Groom-to-be understands that I'm just trying to make a fun day as cheap as possible. I won't even tell you what he was thinking... oy vey. Men.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. WHAT cool ideas!!! LOVE the ribbons!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally chucking those bad boys at you. and I'm aiming straight for your ear. Or down your dress. Heeheeheee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creative ideas! I cannot wait to come to your wedding (if I'm invited that is) and Isaiah will be a handsome ring bearer! I'm thrilled that you asked if thats what you decide. Your wedding will be wonderful because you guys will do an awesome job planning it and I'm sure everyone will be wowed!! oh and can we eat the marshmallows?!?!

    ReplyDelete