Friday, February 4, 2011

flowers and dresses

For having a spring, you need to have some sort of flower. And with my theme of.. Garden Whimsical Romantic DIY..... something, I don't remember. Anyway. I really wanted something OTHER THAN roses or cala lillies. Everyone does that. And I wanted a full flower, like fluffy! With that all being said... I'm obsessed with Peonies. AHHH!! they're so perfect. They're full, fluffy, WHITE, romantic, and in season too!! The great thing about peonies, you don't need MANY flowers to make it look good. Gah. I love them. After doing some research I have seen that peonies were paired a lot with garden roses. I know, I know. I said no roses. But these are SO MUCH BETTER than normal roses. They're the fluffiest flower I've ever seen and they are the PERFECT compliment to peonies. Kinda... like this:

AAHHH!!!! I love them so much :) THEY'RE SO FLUFFY!!!! hehehe Get that... just like Despicable Me :D hehe. Anyway. I love that the peonies are white but kinda off white. And the roses are pink but a super pale pink. AND SO FLUFFY!! :) ok ok, enough with the fluffy.
Now, yes, our colors are yellow and orange but i really think this is a REALLY pretty touch of pink! Geeee!!! I love them :) I mean... I love my groom. Yes, him. I love him :) hehehe

To go with those adorable FLUFFY flowers.. you need some awesome dresses :) I really debated posting pictures of the dresses I liked. Bridal dresses. So... Groom, if you're reading. STOP! RIGHT NOW! Go! Walk away! No, don't walk... RUN! :) ok... with that being said... Voila!
AHH! And the back is AWESOME! it's a keyhole back. Can we just talk about how beautiful that is? I love it. So to get such a beautiful dress means my bridesmaids dresses need to be just as fabulous! I was thinking... flowy, short, springy, THIS!
I really want to let my girls pick their own style. Obviously the length, color, and fabric will be the same but as far as the cut, straps, fit- all that... i want them to be comfortable. I do want my matron of honor to be in this color and the other girls be in orange. Just to keep it cohesive. I love this dress. It's so flattering. EE! :)
Ok, I'm pooped. Y'all got FOUR pictures! There ya go. :)

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Love the flowers.

    Love the dress.

    Love the bridesmaid dresses... but maybe more with some straps.

    What flowers will the bridesmaids carry?

    ReplyDelete