Thursday, February 17, 2011

Visions and wishes

After reading a few chapters of my new party planning book, I'm so excited to get moving on different parties! :) But most of all- MY WEDDING!! After all, that's why I'm here.. writing about it :) Before ANYTHING can be any further mapped out, the vision needs pin pointed down between groom and I so we can feed off of that. The feel of the wedding, the smell of the wedding, the taste of it, everything. In the first chapter of David's book, he gives the best details on how to achieve not just a great party, but a party that people will remember and won't even realize how the details are effecting them. I keep telling groom that I want all of our guests to have a great time, I want them all to feel relaxed. I don't like recruiting the help of family or even family friends for the wedding because then it keeps them from sitting back, relaxing, and enjoying themselves. My vision of our wedding is pretty much like a huge dinner party with family and friends where everyone knows each other, everyone feels comfortable, everyone's laughing, having a great time, and it's the perfect time to celebrate me and my handsome groom :) hopefully he has the same vision :D hehe

So... there's been a huge struggle lately with a guest book. To have one, or not to have one. Well, we aren't. Groom still wants something that we can look back at and see who was there, which is fine- we're going to do the autograph picture frame. Which, would still be nice because it would be a great decoration for the house. Like this...
Not that picture though, I don't know who they are. It'd be nice have a different frame and a different matte, but those are hard to find. Maybe I can make one :) But I also had the idea to do wish jars. It's a fun way to make it a little more personal  between me and groom, and our guests :) Each table will have a decorated mason jar and each place setting will have a slip of paper and a sharpie to write down a wish or advice for us, as the newly weds :) Like this..
Maybe different decorations or paper but pretty much the same concept. After the wedding and honeymoon and after being settled into the house, we'll take those slips of paper, combine all the wishes and advice, put them on scrapbooking paper or even just type them out really pretty and use them as decorations throughout the house. That way we'll always see them, remember, them use them :) I thought that was pretty neat idea :) hehe
Sorry about the delay with posts (tiffany). I don't know why, but I've been feeling crazy stressed this past week. It might be party overload with my wedding, my sisters baby shower, the engagement party, and other parties I'm coming up with. the last few days away from it were kinda nice. I still talked wedding stuff. But it was nice leaving it at just that. Talk. Now that groom is letting us book more stuff and get in the action of wedding plans, it's a little easier to find an idea, go with it, and move on. I think the thinking of one idea over and over was what was stressing me out..never finding a solution. Thankfully, the ball is rolling!! :) WOO!!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting the ball rolling! I'm the same way... I can only *talk* about something for so long before I need to just *do* it. Otherwise it's stressful.

    ReplyDelete