Tuesday, February 1, 2011

lace wrappers and mirror toppers

At the bridal expo we visited this past sunday there was the most darling cake topper. It was the image of a bride and groom and it was mirrored. That got my mind rolling. The normal cake toppers are so boring, so mundane, so... eh. The last thing I wanted to adorn the top of my beautiful cake would be the stuffy sculpture of a bride and groom that look less than enthused. Not to mention a bride and groom that look nothing like the ACTUAL bride and groom. So, I want to go with something that's NOTHING like a bride and groom :) Like this:
Ah! I love it!! There's also a little thing between the groom and I about being a "mister" and "misses". So it seems pretty perfect :) I could be "bedazzle" it if I wanted!! yay! :) My last post I said I needed to find a cake topper that didn't make me nauseous, well, I DID! :)

So, to go with my adorable cupcakes I need nothing less than adorable cake wrappers. Not just plain printed ones... I'm talking.. adorable. I don't even remember how I found these, I just know that I feel in love. There's so many  variants too. That's the awesome thing about them! I first found them online for about $1 a piece. It was like $30 something dollars for a pack of 40. Well, I did my research and found packs of 12 for $5.99 at Hobby Lobby! I was stoked. I bought 2 packs right away. Well, Groom and I were walking through walmart and I found some. Packs of 18 for $3!!! AHHH!!! So I bought 3. I'm totally taking the Hobby Lobby ones back!! Now, this isn't EXACTLY what I got from Walmart- but it's along the same lines..
Beautiful, aren't they? I thought so.
I just hope I can keep finding them!! I know sometimes the wedding section at walmart changes so maybe I should stock up...
Oh- Groom is here :) hehe

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. My favorite kind of cake toppers are the ones that are a "bride and groom" but they are something completely different- like Mario characters or birds or dinosaurs... you get the picture. It's such a cute way to show off the personality of the couple when done correctly! The topper you found is pretty, too. I liked the one Jonathan and I had... it was pretty but unfortunately it's just sitting in a box now. Such is life.

    ReplyDelete